WASABI - CALATAGAN
Fully rebuilt by Japanese Yanmar technicians in Singapore and further backed up by Azumi Marine, Wasabi is the small pride and joy of Luckyhook Fishing. Newly replaced transmissions and all parts replaced, she is good as new and can go all day (and night) for trolling expeditions across the channel to Lubang Island area where you have a chance for the big one.
Currently located in Maya Maya marina in Batangas, Wasabi is catering to some of our guests staying in Punta Fuego resorts. For the serious fisherman though we suggest you stay at Lago De Oro where the island crossing is much closer. We offer multi day trips in an all inclusive package as well.
Deepsea fishing in the Philippines is yet very much unexplored. Some of the Deep drops are hardly fished due to the tackle the local fishermen have. Dynamite fishing is a thing of a past and the Philippine fishery is making its comeback. We have caught Dorado, Wahoo, Tuna, Sailfish, and have seen and lost several marlin though in the 100-200KG range. There are fish there. A 3 meter spanish mackeral was seen jumping out of the water chasing bait. We have seen whalesharks, dolphins and unseen monsters that cut WIRE.. during trolling.
- Pick up time is 3-4 am at your hotel in Manila
- Travel time is approximately 2-2.5 hrs
- Fishing guide will be waiting at Marina, driver to standby
- 30ft Wasabi fishing machine Garmin Electronics outrigger
- Long time capable captain and one crew
- Variety of rods and reels including beast master 9000 elec
- Trolling, Deep Drop, Reef fun fishing, Snorkeling also ok
- Max Guests is 4 Pax
- Approximately 12-14 hours total tour time
WASABI in Calatagan Batangas